Sunday, January 3, 2010

Hunh, so far so good.


I was sitting here looking at my screen wondering what was bothering me the most about my quit today. And I realized that between the cleaning, the napping, putting on our snowsuits and running around with Treble in the snow at the park, not smoking today was pretty smooth.

Of course, Mitch and I bickered like crazy (and to put it in context, we often bicker like regular couples do, but let's just say our fuses are slightly, actually much shorter). We do take our time to calm down and then talk to the other about it, so it's not unhealthy. :) It's actually funny when we listen to ourselves.

I'm drinking a lot less water today, but it's still handy.

It IS still early in the evening though.

Back to work tomorrow. That'll be another challenge. At least my two office roomies are ex- and social smokers.

One thing I must say, that I'm sure our dog appreciates more than us, is how nicely smokeless our living room is. We used to have to open the window sometimes. But not in the last two days. And I noticed that I didn't need my pump after running outside in the snow (which normally requires my inhaler within 10-15 minutes).

So yeah, so far so good. Bring on the cravings, I know how to handle them now.

No comments:

Post a Comment